Help Us Share the News!
Join us for the First Annual
Hovander Homestead Bluegrass Festival
September 2-5, 2016
Labor Day Weekend
Whatcom Parks and Recreation Foundation is proud to announce the Hovander Homestead Bluegrass Festival coming to Hovander Homestead Park in Ferndale, WA over Labor Day Weekend, September 2-5, 2016.
Highlights of the Festival:
- Two stages with live music and entertainment from 11am -8pm on Saturday and Sunday, September 3 and 4th
- Nationally-recognized Bluegrass bands, emerging artists from across the country, and plenty of top-notch local talent.
- The festival grounds will open for camping on Friday at noon, and will remain open until Monday afternoon (Labor Day.)
- Craft and food vendors
- Beer Garden
- Instrument Picking Contests
- Insturment and vocal workshops
- Informal jam areas
- Children’s entertainment and activities
This event will bring together bluegrass fans from across the region and give Whatcom residents the opportunity to enjoy and experience a wide range of live Bluegrass music right here in our county. Hovander Homestead Park provides the perfect atmosphere for a music festival, with Mount Baker providing a stunning backdrop for all of the festivities.
Proceeds from the Hovander Homestead Bluegrass Festival will benefit the Whatcom Parks and Recreation Foundation (WPRF), and the animal contact area at Hovander Homestead Park. WPRF is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and promoting parks, trails and recreational opportunities throughout Whatcom County, its cities and communities.
If you are interested in sponsoring, volunteering, or want more information about the festival, visit www.hhbgf.org, call (360) 474-7715 or send email to email@example.com.