Share this Post
Every year, the Whatcom Parks and Recreation Foundation works with parks and recreation agencies and citizen groups to support programs and projects happening in our local parks. You may not know it, but we’re there with you every time you visit the Meditation Labyrinth at Fairhaven Park, the war memorial at Memorial Park, and the animal contact area at Hovander Park. We’re at Josh Vanderyacht Park and the Murietta Park playground. We’re in the garden club pergola at Everson City Park, and we’re the heart of the Nooksack Loop Trail. We’re present at every regatta with the Bellingham Canoe and Kayak Sprint Team, and we’re with Maple Falls as they strive to build a brand new community park.
The Whatcom Parks and Recreation Foundation has a role in all of these projects, and we’re proud to work with so many great organizations and citizens who are working hard to build our parks, trails, and recreation community here in Whatcom County.
Our members are with us too. Without support from our members the Whatcom Parks and Recreation Foundation would not be able to provide support to all of these great projects and programs.
Become a member today and you will be with us for the next year as we:
- Open new segments of the Nooksack Loop Trail
- Help citizens discover new parks and trails trough our Summer Event Series
- Organize work parties and trail work days in our parks and trails
- Promote the works of the many organizations in Whatcom County supporting parks, trails, and recreation
- Support our partners in their efforts to improve their communities
- Support our parks departments and districts in upcoming projects
- Strive to build a lasting legacy of parks, trails, and recreational resources for future generations
Become a member today and help us secure a brighter future for our parks, trails, and recreational programs. Thank you for your support.